PSG Star Zlatan Ibrahimovic: I'm Ageing Like Wine

Posted 6 years ago 16 Oct 2015 by Emmanuel

Paris Saint-Germain's new record goal scorer Zlatan Ibrahimovic believes he is getting better with age.

Sweden captain Ibrahimovic, 34, became the French champions' all-time leading scorer when he netted two penalties in the 2-1 win over Marseille earlier this month.

The ex-AC Milan and Barcelona player's 110th goal for PSG saw him surpass the previous record, held by former Portugal international Pauleta.

Ibrahimovic is now the top marksman in matches between PSG and Marseille, while he is also his country's record goal scorer.

Despite celebrating another birthday on Oct. 3, the veteran striker insists that there is plenty more to come.

"I think I'm still improving, even if I'm getting older," he told the club's website. "I'm still here, doing what I know how to do and doing it better and better.

"I'm like wine -- I get better with age. I don't feel like I'm getting old -- quite the opposite.

"I'm stronger and stronger mentally. I'm still hungry and that will help me keep reaching my goals."

Ibrahimovic will be expected to spearhead PSG's bid to win a fourth Ligue 1 title in a row and their attempt to go beyond their previous best of a semifinal appearance in the Champions League.

Ahead of next week's Group A game against Real Madrid in Paris, he feels well equipped to do so.

"I am very happy with everything I have achieved since signing here and what we are achieving now," he said. "I need to keep focused and healthy, physically fresh and keep on doing what I'm doing.

"No walls can stop me here. I will break through every wall to keep succeeding with Paris."

Paris Saint-Germain's new record goal scorer Zlatan Ibrahimovic believes he is getting better with age.

Sweden captain Ibrahimovic, 34, became the French champions' all-time leading scorer when he netted two penalties in the 2-1 win over Marseille earlier this month.

The ex-AC Milan and Barcelona player's 110th goal for PSG saw him surpass the previous record, held by former Portugal international Pauleta.

Ibrahimovic is now the top marksman in matches between PSG and Marseille, while he is also his country's record goal scorer.

Despite celebrating another birthday on Oct. 3, the veteran striker insists that there is plenty more to come.

"I think I'm still improving, even if I'm getting older," he told the club's website. "I'm still here, doing what I know how to do and doing it better and better.

"I'm like wine -- I get better with age. I don't feel like I'm getting old -- quite the opposite.

"I'm stronger and stronger mentally. I'm still hungry and that will help me keep reaching my goals."

Ibrahimovic will be expected to spearhead PSG's bid to win a fourth Ligue 1 title in a row and their attempt to go beyond their previous best of a semifinal appearance in the Champions League.

Ahead of next week's Group A game against Real Madrid in Paris, he feels well equipped to do so.

"I am very happy with everything I have achieved since signing here and what we are achieving now," he said. "I need to keep focused and healthy, physically fresh and keep on doing what I'm doing.

"No walls can stop me here. I will break through every wall to keep succeeding with Paris."

6 years ago

Please register or login to join the discussion.