Vardy penalty double helps Leicester beat West Brom

Posted 2 weeks ago 13 Sep 2020 by Emmanuel

JAMIE VARDY left fans in stitches after cupping his ears to celebrate converting a penalty in front of empty stands in Leicester's 3-0 win.

The retired England striker made the hilarious gesture after bagging the first of two spot-kicks to help seal a deserved three points for Brendan Rodgers' side.

Leicester new boy Timothy Castagne had previously handed the Foxes a 1-0 lead on his debut.

Ben Chilwell's replacement arrived from Atalanta for £21.5million and made an instant impact in the Premier League.

The 24-year-old headed home from Dennis Praet's cross in the 56th minute to breathe some life into the game at The Hawthorns.

The Belgian full-back continued the weekend's theme of debut goals after Arsenal's Gabriel and Newcastle's Callum Wilson both found the net yesterday.

Vardy had earlier suffered a brief injury scare as he came away hobbling from a challenge but shook off the knock so slam home a brace of pens.

Slaven Bilic's top flight new boys were left in no doubt about the task ahead as The Baggies delivered a lacklustre performance on their return to the Prem.

But it was Vardy's cheeky celebration that stole the day with fans loving his antics.

One tweeted: "Jamie Vardy celebration is the best kind of energy."

Another added: "Vardy pulling out that celebration in an empty west brom stadium, my legend."

One supporter couldn't contain themselves as they said: "

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12657568/west-brom-0-leicester-3-vardy-ear-cupping/

NINTCHDBPICT000608083349_1600009669.jpg

The foxes nice one

2 weeks ago

Premier league PK of 2020
Vardy 2
Salah 2
Fernandes 0
Martial 0
Rashford 0
Pogha 0
Let me wait what some coach this time

2 weeks ago

manager: Premier league PK of 2020
Vardy 2
Salah 2
Fernandes 0
Martial 0
Rashford 0
Pogha 0
Let me wait what some coach this time

Martial ,Fernandez and rashford will soon start getting to top of that pk table of 2020
United players will soon be toping d penalty table cux it is their birthright

2 weeks ago

Vardy is off d mark. Werner will top all of them soon

2 weeks ago

Please register or login to join the discussion.