Impressive Wolves make winning start at Sheff Utd

Posted 2 weeks ago 14 Sep 2020 by Senator@100

Wolverhampton Wanderers boss Nuno Espirito Santo says he believes "something special" is being built at the club after he celebrated a new contract with a 2-0 win at Sheffield United.

Raul Jimenez struck in the third minute of the two sides' Premier League opener before Romain Saiss headed in a second soon after.

Nuno signed a new three-year on Sunday, keeping him at the club until 2023.

"It has been an amazing three seasons," he said.

"I think we create something really special - the identity, the core of the squad, the bonds between us, this is how we operate but we have to stay humble.

"Now I have to prepare the next training session because we play Stoke in the League Cup. We go day by day."

Both sides had enjoyed hugely impressive campaigns last term, with the Blades upsetting the odds to finish ninth on their return to the top flight, while Wolves secured seventh and reached the quarter-finals of the Europa League.

But it was Nuno's side who picked up where they left off as they raced into a two-goal lead.

The home side looked sluggish and struggled to create many meaningful chances in the first half, with their first shot on target not arriving until seven minutes before the half-time, when Oli McBurnie headed at Rui Patricio.

A half-time team talk by Chris Wilder had the desired impact as United came out flying in the second half, with John Fleck striking the base of the post with a powerful low drive before John Lundstram just failed to get to a teasing Billy Sharp cross.

However, only a superb save by Blades debutant Aaron Ramsdale denied Wolves a third on the break as the 22-year-old - an £18m summer signing from Bournemouth - pushed a Saiss strike on to the post before Jimenez shot wide from the rebound.

"This was the first match that we had after a quick turnaround," Nuno added.

"I am very pleased with the identity of the players, the character, the ways they worked and the resilience at the end - it was very difficult."

Man of the match - Raul Jimenez

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54052534

_114376247_wolves(1)_1600123429.jpg

Beware of the wolves

2 weeks ago

good night gsf, but i still they vex sha

2 weeks ago

this guys ehn..?

2 weeks ago

I see Leed repeating Wolves form this season

2 weeks ago

Roman saiss supposed be man of d match not jimenez

2 weeks ago

Cassper: good night gsf, but i still they vex sha

Why u deyy vex abi urr babe dump u

2 weeks ago

Please register or login to join the discussion.