Bayern Munich missed the chance to go eight points clear as they lost 2-1 at Frankfurt.

Posted 6 days ago 20 Feb 2021 by MrBoss

Bayern Munich missed the chance to go eight points clear at the top of the Bundesliga as they lost 2-1 at Eintracht Frankfurt.

Daichi Kamada and Amin Younes gave the hosts a two-goal lead at the break.

Robert Lewandowski tapped in his 26th league goal this term from Leroy Sane's cross to renew hope, but Hansi Flick's side were unable to find an equaliser.

Julian Nagelsmann's RB Leipzig can cut the lead to two points if they win Sunday's game in hand at Hertha Berlin.

The result marks another memorable victory for Eintracht over the 30-time German champions, with last term's 5-1 victory in Frankfurt being the prelude to the departure of Niko Kovac as Bayern boss and Flick taking over.

The result also extends their run to nine wins in their last 10 league matches as they stay fourth in the table.

While Flick led Bayern to victory in the Fifa Club World Cup , his side have underwhelmed since returning to domestic duties and repeated the lax start that contributed to their 3-3 draw against struggling Arminia.

Despite Lewandowksi edging closer to Gerd Muller's 49-year-old record of 40 top-flight goals in Germany, this time Bayern were made to pay for their flat opening.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56140529

_117100623_gettyimages-1303167125_1613888533.jpg

Eintracht have scored two or more goals in their last 11 Bundesliga matches, equalling their club record from 1977.

6 days ago

Feb 11: Bayern complete sextuple

Feb 15: Bayern draw with Arminia

Feb 20: Bayern lose to Frankfurt

6 days ago

Cut ticket upadan!

6 days ago

Cut ticket upadan!

6 days ago

Play bayern lose,liverpool lose
con bet am with ur papa land.
U DUN BLOW!!!!

6 days ago

Chaiii na this one pain me pass.
Jovic no play ball too much but they still manage beat Bayern. Tufiakwa.
Chaiii muller no even play including gnabry nobody to supply lewandowski.no coman too.
Chupo started nawoo.I thought my babe was joking when she told me that Bayern lost.

6 days ago

Leipzig this is urr chance ,no fuck am up oohhh.

6 days ago

Emmanuel50: Play bayern lose,liverpool lose
con bet am with ur papa land.
U DUN BLOW!!!!

Including man u to lose.bet am with urr family house. U don hammer be that

6 days ago

EXBOSS: Including man u to lose.bet am with urr family house. U don hammer be that

Also chelsea to beg for penalty to use draw team man utd beat 9-0

6 days ago

Emmanuel50: Also chelsea to beg for penalty to use draw team man utd beat 9-0

Aboki they played with 9 men when u beat them.
United beat 9 man Southampton.
Get senses

6 days ago

EXBOSS: Aboki they played with 9 men when u beat them.
United beat 9 man Southampton.
Get senses

Na 9men dem take enta field??weed
u way play 9men fulham hwfa?

6 days ago

Emmanuel50: Na 9men dem take enta field??weed
u way play 9men fulham hwfa?

That one konsghin u.
U deyy beat 9 men with d help of var and mike dean

6 days ago

Please register or login to join the discussion.